When you stretch a piercing you will be expanding the size of an existing piercing. The size of a piercing hole can more than double if not treated properly after the procedure has been carried out and can lead to serious complications. In this article, we are going to explain why you need quality aftercare for stretching your piercing.
What You Should Do While Your Piercing Is Healing
– The piercing needs to be cleaned regularly with a solution that is antibacterial in order to prevent infections.
– You should also aim to eat a balanced diet as this will give your body the fuel to heal itself.
– Another important but often overlooked step is that you need to wash your bedding at least once a week with some people recommending once every 3 days.
What You Should Not Do While Your Piercing Is Healing
– Do not pick the piercing area as this can cause further damage to the healing wound and even cause mutilation to the piercing hole. You can also infect the area from germs that may be on your hands.
– Do not get involved in activities such as camping that will increase the risk of you getting dirty.
– Do not go swimming as this can slow down the healing process after you have stretched your piercing, as well as lead to infections if the water is not clean.
Best Products for Aftercare After Stretching Your Piercing
There are thousands of products out there on the market that promise to help you keep your piercings safe as well as help them heal. H2Ocean is one of the world’s best-known brands that offer tattoo and piercing aftercare products that are also suitable for vegans.
H2Ocean’s Piercing Aftercare Spray is designed to help your piercings heal much faster while also keeping them in a sanitary condition. Can be applied once every 3 to 4 hours. Can be easily applied to all areas.
– This spray is made using only natural ingredients.
– Created with a pH level that is scientifically tested to be safe for all types of skin, ensuring that while you are using it for piercing aftercare, that you will not experience any adverse reactions.
– Very easy to use as there is no need to spray on a cloth or another type of material to apply, instead you just spray it straight on the piercing.
H2Ocean’s Healing Soak Sea Salt Concentrate is a classic product that has developed a loyal following among professionals and also casual tattoo, piercing, and body modification lovers. Made using natural ingredients, this sea salt concentration uses century-old practices to help you protect and heal your piercings after stretching.
– This product is gluten-free so it is perfect for anyone having gluten allergies or looking to stay off gluten for health reasons.
– Created to remain sterile throughout its shelf-life ensuring both value for money and peace of mind that this product will always remain safe to use.
– Contains an Enzymatic Sea Salt solution that is naturally found in people’s body which prevents people having any allergies or adverse reactions to the 4oz Healing Soak Sea Salt Concentrate.