Our culture is prioritizing experience over what they are actually getting.
People get more satisfaction over experiences than things so we should give experiences over stuff that will just end up in a basement someday. Wouldn’t you know it…giving the gift of a tattoo or body piercing is a experience that will last a lifetime.
Today, owning a product is easy. Even if your posted up in Mom’s basement with no job, you can own a cell phone or buy a car if they really want to. Owning something means nothing. And so the current generation sees less value in stuff. .For them, experience is worth more. It’s why more and more people are maximizing productivity by working from home. Their lifestyle is more important than the concept of following a traditional career simply to buy…things. This had a marginal impact, people know they cant take it with them, so they want to experience everything instead.
So what do they want from this, you ask? They are looking for experiences that provide them with a lasting impression.
Some ideas for gifting experiences:
1. a trip (camping, an island, a mountain, a local hotel)
2. tickets to an event (sports, theater, concert, cirque du soleil)
3. point of view (skydive, hot air balloon, dive with sharks)
4. remain teachable (a class: cooking, boxing, underwater basket weaving)
5. permanent memory (tattoos, piercings, photo shoot)
Lucky for you, the tattoo & piercing experience is a revered right of a passage and the ultimate lasting impression.