People are getting more piercings on their bodies today more than ever, from all parts of their ears to their belly buttons, you name it. Eyebrows piercing is one of the types of piercings that has been embraced by both women and men. However, many people still do not know a lot about eyebrow piercing aftercare which is why some people have infections and other infections on their piercings.
After you get your eyebrow piercing, you should expect that it will take approximately 5-6 weeks to be completely healed. However, before it completely heals, it is completely normal to experience some bruising which occurs just underneath the eyebrows. The period of healing of the piercing varies from one person to another depending on how much care you give your piercing.
Dos and don’ts of eyebrow piercings
- Ensure that your hands are clean before you touch the piercing.
- Clean the piercing every day when you shower.
- Ensure that you carefully rinse out the soap from the piercing.
- Ensure that the piercing is moisturized and avoid using make up until it is fully healed.
- Do not change the jewelry until at least one month is past after getting the piercing.
- Use supplements Vitamin B and zinc, they help promote the healing process faster.
- When swimming in public pools or in a public spa, do not put your head under water 2 weeks after piercing. These places have higher bacteria content which could lead to infections.
- If you are getting surgery and have to get a scan or an x-ray, you may be required to remove your jewelry. If you leave your piercing without jewelry, depending on the age of the piercing, it may close up. In this case, you should use PTFE with plastic balls or bioflex. They are safe to scan as they are able to keep your piercing clean at the same time.
H2Ocean’s Piercing Aftercare Spray is the only product you should use for your aftercare treatment of the eyebrow piercings. Some of the advantages of the spray include the following;
- All the ingredients used to make the spray are natural.
- The spray is safe for use for all skin types.
- It is gluten free.
- The spray is sterile. This is because you spray the contents on your piercing without touching the contents. This ensures that you are in no risk of infection.
- It is also enriched with several trace elements and minerals.
- It is easy to use.
Getting an eyebrow piercing is normal for both men and women today. However, before you get one, you should be aware of all the things you are supposed to do to ensure it heals healthily and fast.